DC Solar Electric is excited to be a part of the growing solar industry. Below are our current Sacramento jobs in solar. If you qualify for any of the positions below, please submit your cover letter and resume in the form below.
Even if you don’t see the position you’re looking for, please submit your cover letter and resume. Tell us why you’d make a great addition to our team and how you will help deliver the gift of clean energy to our community. When a position you’re qualified for becomes available, we’ll notify you. We’re always looking for talented solar experts to join our team!
DC Solar Electric, Inc., a Division of the Stevens Family Companies, has an opportunity for a Solar Installer. Our Solar Installer job will offer you an exciting opportunity to help provide a clean, safe, and reliable source of Electric Power to light, cool/heat homes and schools, run factories, and provide goods and services that we all depend upon. The Solar Installer installs all photovoltaic system components and electrical equipment, ensures the successful operation of a complete photovoltaic system, and communicates project status with Project and Construction Managers.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience installing solar systems, in addition to electrical and roofing experience.
- Knowledgeable of OHSA safety compliance requirements and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Workwell in a team-based environment.
- Work safely on a roof.
- Able to troubleshoot issues efficiently and effectively.
- Able to correctly install company products.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellent communication, and documentation skills.
- Self-motivated with attention to productivity, detail, and safety.
- Skilled in the use of power and hand tools and be able to provide training in the safe operation of power and hand tools to others.
- Able to work safely on ladders and in confined areas.
Installing Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems on rooftops, ground, and mounted carports according to design.
Penetrating, attaching, and sealing into a variety of buildings and a variety of roofing materials.
Handling module racking, wire runs, conduits, inverters, disconnects, and other equipment.
- Collecting data and photos during and at the end of each project.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Complying with required training and fulfillment of assigned duties.
- Maintaining a clean DMV record.
- Completing projects within established policies, procedures, strict timeframes and allowed budget.
- Maintaining high levels of quality assurance and quality control with an emphasis on crew safety.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting system malfunctions and operational issues.
- Communicating with customers in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner, answering all questions.
- Respondingtimely to customer issues and escalating if appropriate.
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend (neck), squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist (neck and waist).
- Repetitive use of hands in simple grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing/ pulling, and reaching above the shoulder and below shoulder level.
- Lift equipment and materials up to 50 lbs. occasionally throughout the day.
- Work around heavy equipment safely.
- Operate vehicles and machinery.
- Walk on uneven ground.
- Exposure to excessive noise.
- Exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity or wetness.
- Exposure to dust, gas, fume or chemical.
- Working at heights, including on roof and rack.
- Operate foot controls or repetitive foot movements.
- Must be able to work outside and inside.
- Handle electrical troubleshooting.
- Complete initial commissioning and startup of commercial PV projects.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on commercial PV systems.
- Replace components of residential and commercial PV systems.
- Perform generator preventative maintenance and generator repair.
- Perform site & project inspection.
- Do module cleaning.
- Work at heights.
- Adhere to safety procedures.
- Suggest process improvements and innovation.
- Set up electronic monitoring.
- Perform light estimating duties for corrective maintenance.
- Handle emergency service calls.
- Be willing towork after hours if necessary.
2+ years of Residential and/or Commercial PV system installation.
PV installations, design/engineering experience and solar system troubleshooting a plus.
Generator service experience is a plus.
Experience working on commercial construction projects.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Detail-oriented and consistent with follow-through.
Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
Ability to work in inclement weather.
Safety-minded and follows OSHA guidelines.
Strong understanding of electrical theory and applications.
Knowledge of NEC, UBC and other building codes.
Ability to innovate and improve operations and solve complex problems.
High integrity, positive attitude, strong organizational and customer service skills.
NABCEP, IR certification, and PV manufacturer O&M certifications are a plus.
High school graduate or higher degree.
Send Us Your Information
If you're interested in working at DC Solar, fill out this form and send us your cover letter and resume.
Why work for DC Solar Electric?
- We treat you like family.
- We offer exceptional benefits and competitive compensation.
- Our work environment is positive, accessible, and friendly.
- We only sell the highest quality solar products. This means you can be confident in our solar solutions and pass that confidence on to our customers.